You made it to your appointment, found your artwork, sat in the chair and
fought through the needle. Congrats. When you were done, he wrapped you up
with plastic and gave you directions on what to do. However, you were so excited
that you got home and forgot everything he said. Dont panic, we have some
easy to follow steps below.
Leave the plastic on for at least 1 hour!
The first time you wash the tattoo.
- The plastic and petrolium jelly is to seal and protect the tattoo from germs.
- The plastic will prevent the ink and blood from getting on your clothes, car
- The hour will allow your body to begin the scabbing process.
- Do not remove the plastic until you are in a clean environment with soap.
- Immediately wash the tattoo.
- Wash the tattoo with antibacterial soap and water.
- Clean all the petrolium jelly off.
- Rub very lightly with a soft cloth or bare hands.
- Do not expose your tattoo to water for a prolonged period of time.
- Dry the area with a clean soft cloth by gently patting the area.
- Never rub the area with a dry towel.
Lotion, Lotion and more Lotion.
- Try not expose the tattoo to prolonged water.
- Do not take baths.
- Wash the tattoo gently.
- Pat the tattoo dry.
Until the healing is done, Never....
- We recommend Lubriderm Sensative Skin. (It will sting.)
- For the next 10 days apply lotion regularly.
- After every shower apply the lotion generously.
- Keep the area moist and protected.
- You do not want to tattoo to dry out or excessively scab.
- Never pick a scab off.
- Never scrub the tattoo.
- Never be in water for prolonged time.
- Never tan or expose the tattoo to sunlight.
- Never rebandage the tattoo.